Saturday, December 11, 2010

Exiled

The hotel we were all staying in is now home to just me. I have been moved to a room with a strange pink bathroom.  The sink is inch's away from the toilet which requires a person to do the limbo to get by either one to access the shower or sink. The word "shower" maybe generous there is no shower head just a 100 mph stream of either scalding hot or arctic cold water coming out. Trying to get out of my as of late illness I used said shower and felt better. The staff here which consists of 2 ladys that work 15 hours a day 6 days a week for 10 dollars a day. Knocked on my door today for help with there impending wedding preperation.  It seems they were having trouble hooking up a hose to a pressure washer. They were using a metal fastner that was american style fractions and trying to hook up to a metric plastic connection on the pressure washer. Thier plan was to use plastic wrap around the fitting to make up the difference. I tried in vain to explain that this course of action would not work and that they needed the right connector. They insisted I put it on. I then watched in horror as Doris the night staff opened the valve and the hose exploded off the pressure washer and sprayed me with muddy water. I did get to prctice my limbo a second time on the way to the shower.  The hotel is now alive with people resembling worker bees preparing for the wedding tonight,which Im told will go from 8PM to 3AM. after my second shower Iwas asked to help a 85pound weakling and nearest I can tell Doris's boyfriend help unload 80 pound boxes of plates and glasses. Im now considering a third shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment