Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 9

Today started out interesting and happy for Logan as he got to Skype with his class at home,  for those of you that don't know what skype is, it's a video conference on the computer he and his classmates were very excited to see each other and his new sister. But I think they got a big kick out of seeing Tatiana there old teacher. Then we got some passport photos at 1 mall and we needed to get visa photos for Maria which meant she needed a dark shirt. after 2 exhaustive hours we found a black shirt she could wear for her photo. Thats when all H. E. double toothpicks broke out. Karen and Tatiana decided to leave me alone with Maria and our guide to get the photos. The guide explained to me in her barely exsistant english that we needed to take her earings out for the picture. I tried in vain to tell her I don't know how to take earings out. She then got upset and told me the Colombian govt requires the no earrings are worn. I told her I don't know how how to take earrings out. She showed me paperwork in english with the requirements. I told her I don't know how. She got the staff that didn'tspeak english involved. And I told them I don't know how. ON and ON this went for 10 minutes while I screamed on the cell phone for Tatiana and karen to get their Colas over there. By the time they got there I was ready for a bar.

3 comments:

  1. Hey cuties!! Great BLOG! We miss the heck outa of you...Blessings always!!! Maria is so blessed to have you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya forgot one thing.............Did you figure out how to take an earing out? haha!!!!! We will have skype up and running tomorrow sometime..........I bet you can hardly wait to see our lovely faces........I would be excited if I were you......did we tell you how much we miss you!!!!! WE DO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, never thought I would be posting on a blog, but your little girl dances better than Karen ever could. :) Hope the adoption goes well and have a safe trip. ~Steve

    ReplyDelete